16. Mai 2012

DBlogWeek - One Thing to Improve

There are certainly a lot of things I could improve in my diabetes management. For example, I really should start logging again. I know I do better when I have the feedback and the "stick to it!"-reminder from my small, blood stained, number filled ring binder.

But Karens description of the topic also says "Why not make today the day we start working on it". Therefore I think I should pick some smaller improvement, something taking less effort, so chances are higher I don't give my resolution up next time it gets difficult to stick to it. One small step at a time, you know.

So let's see, what else have we got:
  • Not eating between meals. Cause eating between meals leads to bloodsugar spikes between meals, which are not good for my A1c. 
  • Bolusing well ahead. Instead of bolusing while I'm already eating. If I would do that, I probably would have way less problems with the bullet above. It's those spikes, that I never catch with my meter (one of the things for which a CGM would be great) and which have my A1c above 7 in the end, I'm sure.
  • Changing out my lancets more often. Haha.
  • Changing my sets every three days instead of "every three or four days, depending on my mood and remembering the date".
Ok, I think that's enough for today. Now let's pick the one I want to start changing today, because it's easy enough and has the most impact and is checkable (doesn't help when I start slacking off again, just because I have no means of controling myself).

...

Ah, screw it, I'll start logging again. I know it's a pain in the behind, but for goodness sake, it's the easiest way to controll all of the other stuff! How else would I go through with them, if I didn't log?
Also, I've done it before. Can't be that hard. What do they say, 30 days to make or break a habit? Let's see, if I can do it. Ehm, I mean of course: I can do it!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hi Vera,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. You have had some great Diabetes Blog Week posts and I was wondering if we could contribute one about Diabetes medication safety.

    I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    AntwortenLöschen