17. Mai 2012

DBlogWeek - Fantasy Diabetes Device

We already have pumps and CGMs, and even pumps without tubing and there are chances that we're gonna have a closed loop system within the next 10 - no wait, make that 20... or maybe better 30 - years. A closed loop system, injecting glucose as easily as insulin, testing bloodsugars and reacting so quickly, that you're completely free of thinking about the D - that would be magical. And it should look like a watch. I mean, think about it, it makes sense: Your blood vessels can be easily reached from there, with whatever technique, and in the improbably case of emergency it would also serve as an diabetic alert bracelet.
Also I'm regularly using my pump as a watch already.

Would look like this and pro'ly be called GlucoWatch (because sometimes I'm not as creative as I'd like to be):

Photo stolen from tokyoflash, check them out
they have a lot of futuristic looking watches!



2 Kommentare:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts so far. Very nice. I love the idea of a watch.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Cool idea I will buy one provided it is not too expensive :-)

    AntwortenLöschen